Website Terms and Conditions of Use
About our Terms
- These Terms explain how you may use this website (the Site).
- References in these Terms to the Site includes the following website: [lifefactoryuk.com], and all associated web pages.
- You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
- By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
- If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
- If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us by:
- e-mail [up [email protected]]
Content: means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site;
Online terms and conditions for the supply of goods: means the terms and conditions, which will apply to you ordering goods using the Site;
Site: has the meaning given to it in clause 1.1;
Terms: means these terms and conditions of use as updated from time to time under clause 11;
we: means Thermos UK Limited, company registration number 04037228, with VAT registration number  and the registered office of which is at 1-2 Lockwood Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5UX (and us or our shall have the same meaning; and
you: means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content (and your shall have the same meaning.)
Using the Site
- The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for:
- all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site, and
- keeping your password and other account details confidential.
- The Site is intended for use only by those who can access it from within the UK. If you choose to access the Site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
- We seek to make the Site as accessible as possible. If you have any difficulties using the Site, please contact us at [up [email protected]].
- As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree to comply with our Online terms and conditions for the supply of goods, where applicable.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
Your privacy and personal information
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- The Site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us. Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world). We reserve all of our rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and free to use them as we see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site. You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
- Trademarks: Other trademarks and trade names may also be used on the Site. The use of any trademarks on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
Submitting information or content
- You may decide that you would like to submit information to us by posting on one of our social media sites. While we are always happy to receive your submissions, please note that we are not obliged to monitor or moderate submissions however we may remove or edit any submissions whether they are moderated or not.
- Any submission or communication to users of our Site must conform to standards of accuracy, decency and lawfulness, which shall be applied in our discretion, acting reasonably.
- We shall apply these conditions in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach, we may terminate or suspend your use of the site, remove or edit submissions, disclose submissions to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
- While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
- You may have certain legal rights when using the Site (such as if the Online terms and conditions for the supply of goods apply to you). These are also known as ‘statutory rights’ as they are derived from laws such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015. A summary of your key rights is set out in the Online terms and conditions of sale.
- Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
- While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third-party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party's website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
- losses that:
Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
These Terms are dated [28/04/2020]. No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing or made in accordance with this clause 11. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
- If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
- let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
- give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts in the part of the United Kingdom where you live will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.
- English law will apply to these Terms.